3.3.10

Entryway


I needed to fill a large blank wall in our so-called entryway and came across this look in Elle Decor. Since the wallpaper was out of the question as was the original artwork by the very talented Donald Baechler, I attempted to recreate it myself...


To achieve the look I used our Ikea bookcase on its side for extra storage. Our living room is just on the other side of the rug so the pair of chairs are great for additional seating. To keep things simple and symmetrical, I added a pair of mirrored lamps from Target and sconces that I repainted. I am still searching for a pair of urns to complete the look, but these plates from Anthropologie were a no brainer for $4 each. No matter what size entryway you are working with, a few basic pieces can achieve the look.

Also inspired by these entryways:

1 comment:

Bernadette said...

Hello My Nameis Bernadette.
I just wanted to say hello, and tell you that I also saw that spread in Elle Decor and loved that painting. Sooooo I also painted a reproduction (of sorts) myself. Kindred spirirts..
Cheers