11.6.10

Bright Whites

It always happens when I've been away at the beach. I come home and want to throw open the windows in an all white house, drenched with sunlight and full of white slipcovers and seagrass rugs.
And then I come to my senses and realize that:

a) Our house gets very little natural light.
b) Most of our windows are painted shut.
c) White slipcovers and a 2 year old?
d) I LOVE COLOR!

So to compromise my love for bright whites and colors, I've started to make a few minor adjustments around the house. I've slowly neutralized with white curtains, pin-striped pillows, and all white bedding. And while I love the serenity that it brings to our space, I still need a pop of color. Or several. It's amazing how a little goes a long way against an all white palette! Candace Bushnell's living room is exactly the look I'm going for...
The exact same way red lipstick can liven up a neutral look!
Erin Fetherston Resort 2011

No comments: