21.9.10

Fashion Week Recap

New York Fashion Week just wrapped up and once again I was reminded of why I fell in love with Fashion. I first experienced the craziness of it backstage, dressing models and steaming garments. I jumped at the opportunity to go back with each chance I got, and by the time I attended a couture show in Paris a few years later I was hooked. Seeing the whole design process come together on the runway is truly amazing. The hair, the makeup, the nail color: no detail is overlooked. When I attended snuck into my first show at the Bryant Park tents (may they rest in peace) I was overwhelmed by the beauty of it all. If you can look past the waif-like models, there are beautiful clothes that tell a story. Each piece begins as a sketch, then a pattern, and finally a garment. Season after season, designers continue to reinvent themselves and amaze me with their creativity...

No comments: