12.1.11

Scarves, 4 ways

One of my favorite things about cold weather is wearing scarves. We're finally getting a glimpse of winter in the South so I'm living in them right now!
My oversized black pashmina ($5 at World Market!) goes with everything in my closet. I like to wrap it around twice (tie it once in front) to keep my neck extra warm. Today I wore it with my wrap coat and Gap flats and never took it off!
For this look I tied 2 silk scarves together (like so) and paired them with a long cardigan. This is such a comfortable outfit with leggings and flats for traveling.
I love wearing this square scarf of my grandmother's on a gray day! I folded it on the diagonal and tied it once in front. It's small enough to toss in a tote when I get warm inside and it's the perfect weight for walks to the park.
A long and skinny scarf is ideal for layering...wrap it around once or keep it long. Lots of options!!

In The Little Dictionary of Fashion, Christian Dior says that "A scarf is to a woman what a necktie is to a man, and the way you tie it is part of your personality."

1 comment:

CAMILLE STYLES said...

This is so cute... and definitely inspires me to mix it up w/ the way I wear my scarves! Isn't it amazing how much they can add to an outfit?