26.8.11

Living Room Reveal!

Our living room is long and narrow with low ceilings and no overhead lighting. When we moved in a few weeks ago I was feeling a little overwhelmed...
Luckily we were able to reuse the curtain rod and we hung roman shades along with our Greek Key curtains. The pair of bookshelves used to be in the sunroom and the striped chairs now go across from the sectional.
Behind the sofa, I faked an entryway with a rug and a console table. The parasol helps conceal our record player and since we have no overhead lighting, there's a lamp on every surface. Other than the roman shades (and a few gracious hand-me-downs) I was able to work with what we already had...
(Vintage sewing box as side table)
As for the bookshelves, I'm trying to keep them as neutral as possible. So far I've filled them with magazines and things from around the house that make me smile when I walk in the front door...
I still have a little tweaking to do but at least it's cozy enough to snuggle up and watch Beauty and the Beast and finally get caught up on all my September Issues!!
xo

No comments: