2.7.12

The Nursery Nook

You might remember I wanted something big to hang above the crib and I liked the idea of using Pearl's artwork...so I decided to do both! 
I got a piece of plywood cut at the hardware store ($12.99) and Will attached a hanging kit to the back. I primed the plywood, used 2 coats of Benjamin Moore's Agave, and did her caterpillar with an Oil Paintstik
She was so excited to help decorate and couldn't wait to bring him home from the hospital to show off her caterpillar!
We reused the bumper pads and crib skirt that my Mom made for P and the fitted sheet is from Dwell
The table I painted with Annie Sloan's Chalk Paint:
These canvas bins are awesome for hiding toys:
One of my favorite gifts, an embroidered soft-map quilt from all our friends in NYC. If you look close you can see the little red hearts where they live!

3 comments:

kayce hughes said...

That is seriously the most beautiful and priceless artwork ever!
Do we just loose talent as we grow up?

JWK said...

Thanks Kayce! I think we just loose creativity!!!

rachael said...

The artwork is seriously the cutest, best idea I have ever seen!