8.10.12

Home Away From Home!


Whenever Will and I travel, with or without kids, we like to rent a place rather than stay in a hotel. It's such a luxury to have the extra space and come and go as we please. It usually costs less than what a small hotel room would, and you're able to avoid the crowds of a lobby and parking garage. Before you book a hotel room, I highly recommend checking out websites like HomeAway and airbnb to see if there's anything available! My friend Landrie lives in a great neighborhood in New York City and is now renting her apartment out. You might remember these tassel pillows I made for her using embroidered placemats...
I love her gallery wall in the living room (reminds me of this one by Bella Foster) so I asked her to share sources. She found some of the art on 20x200 which is a fantastic website for affordable art, like the beach photograph by Christian Chaize. Other pieces are by Jennifer James Wright and the one in the hallway is by Judy Blotnick.
 
You can view the full listing on airbnb!
This past weekend we went to Austin (just the two of us!) and found a terrific place to stay on Home Away. It was a small studio tucked away in one of our favorite neighborhoods downtown. I loved being able to sleep with the windows open and wake up to our own private garden!!
Our secluded patio...
The kids and I are spending a few days with my in-laws so regular posting will resume on Monday. Have a great week!
xoxo

1 comment:

Jackie (mom) said...

What a great idea for Landrie! And her apt is very cute...your Austin place looks great, what a neat patio!