17.10.12

Wardrobe Essential: Black Pumps

I'm trying to get better about building a wardrobe with classic pieces that work well for every kind of occasion, season after season. A pair of shoes like the pointed-toe black pump that makes a simple outfit look 'put together' and current. I can't pull them off for my typical everyday look (a little much for pre-school drop-off) but I can think of a million ways I'd wear them. With a pair of black skinny trousers and a cashmere sweater, a silk blouse tucked into a leather skirt, a long-sleeved lace dress for holiday parties, toothpick jeans and a white oxford shirt...the possibilities are endless. Everyone from Audrey Hepburn to Carolyn Bessette has worn them and they still look modern. The search is on for the perfect pair of black pumps!!!

No comments: