23.1.14

New Mom Essentials

I'm going on a month of very little sleep (so tired!!!) and thought I'd share some things that are helping me out. First up is this Instant Depuffing Roll-on Gel from Sephora. I keep it in the fridge and put it on in the morning while I make coffee. The cold roll-on applicator feels heavenly on half-open eyelids. (The depuffing eye mask is also great for tired eyes and hangovers :)
As for makeup, I'm a big fan of this Nars creamy concealerand the mini Blush/Bronzer Duo gives me some extra color. This Chubby Stick Eye Shadow and Glossy Lip Pencil are practically hands-free, and I've been layering this Sugar Lip Treatment (in Rose) underneath for a bolder lip. I love that it's all natural and sheer enough for the daytime, so it doesn't leave lipstick marks all over baby cheeks!
On nights that I remember to wash my face, this natural astringent with aloe from Whole Foods makes it feel extra clean. This is my first winter baby, so I've been using Aquafor like crazy and I've found that it works great for cuticles. Who knew??? I've wasted so much $$$ on oils and cuticle creams. If you're nursing, these gel pads are a lifesaver in the first few weeks- I put them in the fridge too. 
I don't have a diaper bag, so I like these Baggu zip bags to corral baby things inside my tote bag. They're easy to clean and prevent milk spills in the bottom of your purse. I have both the medium and large sets and use them for everything- diapers, wipes, extra clothes, bottles, wet swimsuits, ETC!!
This is my first baby to have a reaction to Pampers, so I've been ordering diapers and wipes from The Honest Company. I really like their shampoo+body wash and I also use the conditioning mist for Pearl's hair. I think that's it for now! Have a great weekend!

No comments: