8.1.17

Happy New Year!

{Our sweet Anne Barry, born 9.20.16, named after Will's grandmother}
Happy 2017! I have good intentions this year for finding more time to blog. Just when I started up again after we moved, I had terrible morning sickness, and then life got in the way. Things haven't slowed down, but I really miss this space and the way it influences my creativity. Since I started the blog nearly 8 years ago, my mission has always been the same, and I hope that it continues to inspire and bring you joy!!  
{You can also find more on my Instagram feed @jwkstyle}
For our mantle again like last year, I used the pair of dead trees I spray painted white and added bright green moss. When our garland started turning brown right before Christmas, I added eucalyptus to freshen it up. I sewed Annie's stocking out of the same reindeer samples from my mother-in-law, and my mom monogrammed it on cream velvet to match.
 Vintage camel tassels from Mela & Roam...I got to meet Courtney at an event in Houston and she is so great! Go by and check out her new space if you get a chance!!
I got a big lesson in patience and let the kids decorate the tree while I held Annie :) No color-coordinating or themes, just good 'ole fashioned glitter ornaments. They managed to only break a few while we listened to Charlie Brown on the record player and drank egg nog--ended up being one of the best nights of the whole break!!
{Christmas party outfits...My grandmother's vintage coat}
{Target embroidered jacket I found on clearance}
{Live Nativity at Christmas Eve Mass}
I started working on a few things for the nursery, like these pillows I made with linen, vintage trim, and Roberta Roller Rabbit napkins.
Natal visited from Uganda and Betty started working with a wonderful local company called Westpack--check them out!!!
Some of my favorite gifts to give this season...Bath salts in Ball Jars, Pom Pom Hair ties, and mercury glass votives from West Elm with Mexican paper flowers from Fiesta on Main... 
Cheers to the New Year and all the possibilities it brings!!!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

So many great things happened in 2016...here's to a great 2017 for you!