27.5.10

The Summer Skinny

I absolutely love skinny jeans BUT the transition into summer (from boots to sandals) can be a little daunting. I've been pairing mine with tanks and tunics up top and comfortable wedges on the bottom to ease into warm weather. If you haven't tried the skinny jean yet, fear not!
For this outfit I paired a long tank with black jeans, both from Forever 21, with my Franco Sarto wedges in Stone. I prefer dark skinny jeans that have a little spandex so I can wear them multiple times in between washes without them getting baggy in the knees. There is also a great selection of denim leggings that look like the real thing, with 5 pockets and a button closure. My black tank from Target is perfect for skinny jeans, as it covers my back pockets and anything that might show while I'm chasing P around. It's the Long and Lean Tank by Liz Lange Maternity (no baby bump needed) and also comes in white and gray. These tanks are a staple in my closet, especially with long cardigans and leggings.

Tanks with embellishment are perfect for day-to-night attire and don't require much accessorizing. Tunics are also a great option with heels, especially one that has a defined waist. To avoid it looking like a maternity top, go for a natural waistline, rather than empire. If you'd rather pair your skinny jeans with flats, try something shorter on the top that still covers your back side like a bib tank or this one by Sweet Pea. And when you're ready to rock a shorter top, go all out and pair your skinny jeans with sequins!


When in doubt, I always look to French girl Clémence Poésy...the epitome of effortless chic!

2 comments:

Anna Jay said...

omgosh I love that sequin top--is that from top shop? I must have it!

JWK said...

Yes!! Isn't it fabulous?! It's sold out online but check the store. Get me one too! xo