15.6.10

L-O-N-N-Y

The June/July issue of Lonny is out and I am smitten! Michelle and her team have outdone themselves once again. If you haven't discovered Lonny, the online home magazine, you're missing out! I loved the last issue, but it was the details this time around that still have my head spinning. From the red upholstered X benches on page 191, to the turquoise-lined china cabinets on page 35. Oh! And how can I forget the D.Porthault linens on page 105! There's even a video of Kate Spade's creative director, Deborah Lloyd, showing off her weekend home. I don't know if it's the British accent or her shell collection that won me over!
Ellie Somerville's living room vignette: a papier-mâché rhino head, Wisteria chair, and rattan vase...
I love this classic settee recovered in a fun fabric by Brunschwig & Fils, found on Ebay.
I would gladly cozy up to all those throw pillows in Heckman and Feirstein's sitting area!
SWOON!
Green Leopard Tray by Waylande Gregory, page 25
Lee Kleinhelter's white lacquer cabinet used as a changing table, page 97
Hugo Guinness prints from John Derian, seen in Deborah Lloyd's kitchen, page 231

And last but not least, Cate and Levi hand puppets on page 185!

The best advice I took away from this issue (from Elizabeth Bauer) is, "There's no secret to finding great antiques: you simply have to buy what you like. By the time you build a collection, a common thread will appear since it's your own eye that's picked everything out. And you'll know how to use it."

Let's hope that's the truth!

1 comment:

Katherine said...

I am totally going to read Lonny tonight! It looks awesome!