21.2.18

Break Out The China!

You don't need to wait for a grandiose event to enjoy your fine china! Display it out in the open, or mix it with your everyday flatware and a fun block-print tablecloth to spice things up. I bought this gold and white set at an estate sale a few years ago, and use one of the serving platters as a succulent planter!  
Since all of it is easy to access in this antique piece, I use it so much more often! I like mixing in pieces like the coral candy dish, and the silver teapot that was Will's grandmother's for some color and shine.
Our gold wedding china on a gold plate hanger, mixed in with our black and white gallery wall. I've painted these vintage sconces just about every color of the rainbow!
When they were painted red and paired with fun plates from Anthropologie. I love their selection of unexpected dinnerware and dessert plates that can easily be mixed into your collection without spending a fortune!
For Easter this year, my MIL set the kids' table with some of her antique china and fancy glasses. They loved it! 
We've also made these easy place cards (see the full post here) that the kids can help with.
For a party at the park, I used a cake stand with pink and turquoise dessert plates for the cupcakes...  
Since it's nearly impossible to find pink dinosaurs, I made cupcake toppers out of wooden dinosaurs I spray-painted!   
My girls love pulling out fancy plates for any kind of occasion, but especially birthdays!!
{A tiny ginger jar that I ordered on Etsy for a few dollars}
 Ginger jars on display in an antique secretary at Kate Kingman Interiors!
This peacock plate wasn't part of a set, but I love it for little treats or sitting out on my skirted round table with a black wooden easel.
In one of our old dining rooms, there were built-in corner shelves that I displayed vintage pieces mixed in with our china and Will's grandmother's blue and gold set.
Vintage blue and white jars are easy to find at thrift stores or estate sales, and often times are marked down if they're missing a lid-perfect to use as a vase!
A blue and white "cookie jar" I found at Tuesday Morning and filled with carnations for a teacher gift for Valentine's Day last week.

I love the idea of using a large ginger jar to chill wine and champagne like This Aerin champagne bucket from Williams Sonoma!!
Tory Burch used vintage camel tassels as napkin ring holders with block print napkins for this colorful mix!
 There's so many colors of the Otami Embroidery, or use a fun Indian block print tablecloth that you can throw in the washer!
 The options are endless!! xoxo

No comments: