25.2.18

Happy Rodeo Season Y'all!

Rodeo season is in full swing, and as much as I LOVE going, it's one of the hardest occasions to dress for! Since it's only once a year, I just can't justify buying specific western attire. This time around, I added a few new accessories and basics that can be restyled all year long!
{Turquoise Earrings, Gap top, Botkier purse, and I stole the bandana from the kids and embroidered it with my initials!}
I love mixing camel, black, and denim (even black and white plaid!) with textures like leather and suede.
{SEA Denim Dress from Meadow, Gold Hoops from Penny Lane, DV Booties from LeeLee, and Clutch I made from Kuba Cloth}
I found my cowboy boots on sale at Cavender's under $100 a few seasons ago. You can find lots of affordable vintage boots on Etsy (how great are these black ones!) and did you know David's Bridal even sells boots for $49!? Topshop has a high and low cowboy bootie, or you can opt for fun fringed mocassins. Uwezo makes cowhide boots and sells them AT the Rodeo! 
Flowy, embroidered tops that aren't necessarily in season, work well with denim and boots. I like to pile on my horn bangles and earrings... 
{Pintucked top, white jeans, cowboy boots}
 This English Factory Lace Blouse (on sale!) would be ideal for the Rodeo with dark denim, and then with nude slides and a straw purse this spring like above! 
See what dresses you already have (and haven't worn in awhile), then cut them off and tuck into jeans!
I had this button-down dress similar to the one above that was an awkward length after I washed it, but it makes a great button-down top! 
If your style is more minimal like Anine Bing, wear your black raw-edge jeans with a red top and mix in some rodeo-friendly accessories!
{H&M top (I love their shade of red), Gap ankle boots, vintage belt, St. Signora Necklace, Target cuff, thin gold bracelet}
A floral/paisley print is another fun option...I just ordered this Tie Frill Dress from And Other Stories (such great dresses under $100!) that can be dressed up or down with cowboy boots or mules and espadrilles this summer.

Lines like Ulla JohnsonFree People, and SEA have prints and details that translate well for Rodeo. This navy and pink ruffle blouse would be so cute with high-waisted jeans and cowboy boots! 
{Loft top-with the sleeves pushed up to create a flared sleeve-Banana Republic leather clutch and Lela's hat :)}
Classics like chambray, black, and white button-down tops paired with jeans and a statement necklace or a fun clutch is the easiest way to go! 
My mom just found this gorgeous leather and turquoise necklace at The Guild Shop in Houston-- they're always stocked for Rodeo season!

I love classics with a twist like this white button-down with eyelet embroidery, or a black lace blouse with raw edge hem. 
Last weekend, I wore my turquoise earrings with a black lace top and dark jeans. (I always mix black and brown, but especially for the rodeo!) 
I got P's Kate Spade top at Nordstrom Rack a few years ago (regretting not getting the dress too) and it's lasted two rodeo seasons! 
{2017}
Lela in her pink cowboy boots that she wears all day, everyday! 
P at the same age! She lived in her Moccasin boots, which are great for jeans and dresses. 
Minnetonka also makes adult sizes, but I found a tassel version by Soludos that I love!
Annie in a precious vintage dress that my SIL gave her. I love embroidered pieces for my girls, especially when they're a steal like this Zara one
We got these matching plaid dresses in Jackson Hole this summer, which is also a great time to find everything on sale! xoxo

No comments: