10.2.18

Handmade Valentine's Day Ideas!

I can't believe it's almost Valentine's Day! It's my favorite holiday for handmade details, but it sneaks up on me every year, so I like to keep it simple. This year the kids made their own cards with paint and stamps, and I love how they turned out! If you're up for some last minute crafting this weekend, I put together some of my most treasured V-day projects we've done in the past!
{Splatter Paint Hearts and Toilet Paper Roll Hearts}
I'm not sure why we don't splatter paint more! Seriously so easy, and if you have boys, this is a good project for them :)
{Watered down paints for splatter-painting}
 These are still my favorite, just simply bend the top of a toilet paper roll, and dip in paint! P also splatter-painted her envelopes, a fun touch for any holiday!! 
I bought one giant bag of dum-dums and we taped them onto all the kids' envelopes with washi tape. 
 Lela really wanted glitter, so she did stamps on the front and I wrote her name in glue so she could cover it in glitter! Here's a few that we've done in the past with hand stitching and dinosaur cookie cutters..
I still love these simple Heart Stamped Treat Bags I made with muslin. You can also find the plain ones on Amazon for so cheap and add any kind of stamp you like!
We have plenty of red and pink in our closets, but I do love to add a little something special...
We got these cute patches at Target and Lela put the lips on Fred's white button-down!! 
It would be perfect on a striped tee like this Anthropologie one.
{Simple Embroidered heart for Pearl}
I did a hand-embroidery class with Hibiscus Linens this week, and it was so relaxing to sit and stitch :)
When P had to wear a uniform, I made this red linen skirt with heart pockets, which was a fun touch.
 I'm so excited this year Lela can finally fit into the Lollipop dress I sewed for Pearl girl! 
 I made it out of a women's J.Crew button-down with the buttons in the back and oversized flutter sleeves. 
 Pregnant with Fred!
We just started this skirt for P out of the cutest Moda fabric with pink ric rac at the hem.
If you want a quick DIY art to gift, this lips print I made simply out of blotting different lipstick shades and lining them in pen!
{Framed in a vintage gold frame}
Valentine's Day also brings out the best grocery store flowers!! Nothing makes me happier than carnations and mums!!
{Color-blocked in a soup can}
(Spider mums in an antique vase}
{With a pop of yellow in a plain glass vase}  
And don't forget about paper flowers! I wrapped them around votives, and they're also great to tie around a teacher's gift or give as a hostess gift!! xoxo

1 comment:

Mom/Jackie said...

Super cute things...hope one is coming to Gma :) Love seeing their happy faces doing crafts - good job Mama!