26.9.14

Kid Art You Both Like!

I'm always trying to find different ways to display the kids' art, without it taking over the house! This watercolor tulip is a quick and easy project for your littles, and I love how it looks on our bookshelves! It would be fun to come up with some simple designs like birds or fish for a nursery or to frame as a baby gift!  
Pearl drew and cut out the pattern pieces with black paper and then traced them on the watercolor paper. Then she used watercolors to fill in the pattern pieces, going as far outside the lines as she wanted. Then I cut them out and glued them on watercolor paper. Super easy! I think I'll try grasscloth as the background next time!
A few other unexpected ways to display kid art...
(Pigeon with pastels on sketch paper that fits the Ikea Ribba frame)
Pearl's giant caterpillar we did with oil paint sticks on plywood over the crib. It hung over the crib for Fred, Lela, and Annie! 

No comments: