5.1.16

All about Purple!

We started from scratch in our master bedroom, since most of our furniture got flooded. Luckily, the screen we used as 
our old headboard has two sides and turned out even better with some water damage. The colors that were exposed to water are now vibrant shades of purple, blue, and green!! We painted the walls and ceiling White Lilac to match the pale purple flowers in the border.  
I found the bedside tables for $50 each and painted them glossy black. The new handles and knobs are from Anthopologie and the gold lamp bases are from Target.
I swapped out the fabric of my mom's old chair with a purple embroidered fabric to match the headboard.
And I slipcovered a pair of my parents' old chairs with black and white ticking. It's the perfect upholstery fabric because it's CHEAP and easy to clean!!
 {HomeGoods lamp and roses from our yard}
The purple continues downstairs in the family room. I had a big piece of Manual Canovas fabric that I draped over my round table. I love the purple with my green lamp!
I sewed a pair of pillows out of Turkish silk fabric with the prettiest shade of light purple.
My favorite pops of purple by Jeffrey Bilhuber...
 Paper weights at Blue Print 
Antique dealer Betty Gertz's Dallas Library...
Purple embroidered coverlet...
I also love some purple in my wardrobe this time of year!!

No comments: