25.5.17

House Pics...Before and After!

I'm back!! I'd love to share some before and after pictures of our house now that we're feeling settled. One of my favorite things about this house is how livable each room is, and that we have the flexibility to rearrange! I hung the gallery wall to the left of the kitchen doorway, where you can see below, was a blank, off-centered wall. 
(Before)
I painted inexpensive and vintage frames black and gold to keep it cohesive. The art is a mix of different things that make me happy, like old family photographs, my fashion illustrations, and construction paper cut outs. Some of the pieces I had done for our previous (much larger) gallery wall. I got a new Matisse book at the museum recently, and cut out his handwriting that I love so much, which fit inside an Ikea frame I painted glossy black. 
In the family room, our sectional is currently functioning as a pair of sofas! Since we didn't add window treatments in here, I wanted to add as much color and texture as we could with pillows and the round skirted table in the back corner.
I love being able to grab the poufs or the fan chairs from the back porch for extra seating!
(Before)
{Round skirted table topped with a whimsical Manuel Canovas print}
{Pottery Barn rug and Mela & Roam kantha quilt}
We swapped out the iron light fixture over the dining room table with a vintage pineapple chandelier. I got white vinyl chair cushions custom-made to fit our old Pottery Barn chairs and they've been AMAZING to wipe down! They're almost two years old and still spotless!!
{Our favorite handmade placemats from Uganda}
In the formal living room, we also replaced the light fixture with an antique chandelier, and found the perfect petite sofa already covered in a favorite Brunschwig & Fils fabric.
(Before)
I painted the bamboo table legs black and it's covered in a vintage kimono!
We painted the master bedroom the softest shade of lilac...
 (Before)
 We had the antique screen in our old house with the opposite side showing, but when we were moving it got soaked, and the most BEAUTIFUL colors appeared!! 
 I made these pillows out of a pretty Romo linen, backed in pink velvet. They also work well in the black and white chairs I slipcovered using inexpensive Waverly ticking fabric!!
(Before)
I found the antique Turkish rug on Etsy, along with the boucherouite rug (below) in Annie's room!
Above the crib, I hung the big caterpillar Pearl painted for Fred when he was born. We inherited the Ikea daybed from the previous owners, which now holds all of Lela's clothes in the pull out drawers! 
 (Before)
The daybed has been great to have for guests and the pillows are always changing. I have yet to photograph the big kids' room because it's usually a mess and someone is always napping, but here's a peek at the precious antique twin headboard in there!
If you're still reading (!!) I wanted to share an easy project in case you missed it on Instagram last week...
 I found these woven placemats at Target for $4.99. They're already backed in white cotton, so I just opened up one edge with a seam ripper, stuffed it with a pillow form, and hand-stitched it back together! 
There are so many cute ones that are perfect throw pillow size. I love this striped black and white version, and this blue and white one with tassels would be so great on white outdoor furniture! Hope you enjoyed the house tour, and you can find me over at Kate Kingman Interiors on Instagram now!!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

It HAS evolved and looks great!